PT Edukita Budaya Cinta Belajar (“Edukita”) acknowledges the importance of and is committed to protect and honor personal data security of every user (“User” or “You”) when accessing and using the application, website https://www.edukita.com, as well as every feature, technology, content and product that have been provided by Edukita (hereinafter collectively will be referred as “Platform”).
The Personal Data provided by the User is data that is submitted consciously and without any pressure or duress from any party. The completeness and security of Personal Data, including User’s account data (phone number, email and password), are under the full responsibility of the User. Edukita is not responsible and may not be held responsible for the misuse of such data due to the User’s negligence.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY EDUKITA
Personal data that will be collected and stored by Edukita including but not limited on:
- Information given by You.
You may give information to Edukita through electronic form on the Platform or correspondence through telephone, electornic mail, etc. Information that You give can include:
- Parent’s personal information (including name, email and telepohone number);
- Payment information;
- Student’s personal information (including name, email and telephone number);
- Student’s demographic sata (including school’s name, class, date of birth, and other related information);
- Student’s interactions during class (including attendance, interactions, exam results, report cards and other related information);
- Use of devices by parents and students (including information regarding browsers and cookies; device, screen model and resolution);
- User’s phonebook (import contact feature).
Edukita may ask You to verify the information which You provide, to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information.
- Information collected by Edukita. For each of User’s visits to the Platform, Edukita may collect the following information automatically:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP address) used to connect User’s computer with the internet, User’s login information, browser type and version used, time zone settings, browser plug-in type and version, operating systems and platforms;
- Information about User’s visit, including a complete list of Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time); the product You are viewing or searching for; page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages of the Platform, interaction information on pages (such as scrolling, clicks, or mouse movements), the method used to browse away from the Platform and the telephone number used to contact Edukita’s customer service;
- User’s score data, including but not limited to User’s exam results obtained through the Platform, as well as other academic data.
- Information received by Edukita from other sources. Edukita has the right to receive information if You use the Platform or other services that Edukita provides. Edukita also cooperates with and has the right to receive information from third parties (including, but not limited to, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, site analysis service providers and/or service providers through other learning platform that is integrated with the Platform) (“Our Partners”). Edukita will take reasonable measures to verify the information obtained by Edukita from other sources in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Payment Information. If You decide to make a purchase of Edukita’s services through the Platform, Edukita has the right to collect payment information in connection with the purchase, including through third party payment processors.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Edukita is entitled to use Personal Data to:
- Communication. Edukita encourages User to contact us with questions and comments. Personal Data may be used to respond to User’s questions and comments. In addition, from time to time Edukita may use User’s Personal Data to send emails to You regarding important information about the Platform, or changes to Edukita’s terms, conditions and policies.
- Business purposes. Edukita may also use User’s Personal Data for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing the Platform. The Personal Data, which You provide through the Platform may be combined with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about You that Edukita may obtain online or offline.
- Product promotion. Edukita may use User’s Personal Data to provide You with announcements and/or updates via email regarding special services and promotions from Edukita.
- Publication. Edukita may also use certain Personal Data, such as User’s photos and videos for the purpose of bringing awareness to Edukita’s products and services. Edukita will not use or disclose such Personal Data without User’s prior consent.
- Third Party Service Providers. Edukita cooperates with third parties that provide services, including website hosting, data analysis, promotional activities and other administrative services. Edukita may share User’s Personal Data with these third parties with the purposes that these third parties may provide relevant services.
- Miscellaneous. Edukita may disclose User’s Personal Data if we believe that Edukita is required to do so: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal process or government’s requests; (iii) to enforce Edukita’s Terms and Conditions; (iv) to protect Edukita’s operations; (v) to protect the rights, privacy, security or property of Edukita, You or others; and (vi) allow Edukita to seek any available remedies or limit any damage that Edukita may sustain.
You may request for removal of User’s Personal Data on the Platform or to withdraw User’s consent to any or all collection, use or disclosure of User’s Personal Data by giving reasonable notice in writing by notifying the Edukita’s customer service on the contact page. Once Edukita has received notification from You to withdraw User’s consent for the collection, use or disclosure of User’s Personal Data, Edukita will inform You of the possible consequences of such withdrawal so that You can decide whether to proceed with such withdrawal or not.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND APPROVAL
In the event that You provide Personal Data relating to other individuals (e.g. Personal Data relating to spouses, family members, friends, or other parties of User) to Edukita, hence, You represent and warrant that You have obtained consent from that individual for and hereby consent on behalf of such individuals to, the collection, use, disclosure and processing of their Personal Data by Edukita.
NOTES TO PARENTS
Edukita will not collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 18 (eighteen) years old and until Edukita has obtained appropriate parental consent for the children to use the Edukita’s Platform, as referred to in the Minister of Communication and Informatics Regulation Number 20 of 2016 regarding Personal Data Protection in Electronic Systems. Please notify Edukita at +62-813-1888-5507 if You believe that Edukita has inadvertently collected the Personal Data of children without proper consent, as required in the User’s jurisdiction, so that Edukita may delete such data as appropriate.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF DATA
User’s Personal Data will be stored and used by Edukita and will be guaranteed regarding its confidentiality. Edukita will not sell, disclose or provide User’s Personal Data to any third parties outside Edukita, unless:
- If Edukita already had User’s consent;
- To our Partners or third parties outside Edukita who has a need to know the User’s Personal Data for the purpose of carrying out and/or enhancing the services on the Platform.
Edukita will use User’s Personal Data with the same degree of care, but in any event no less than a reasonable degree of care as used by Edukita in maintaining the confidentiality of all Personal Data.
The obligation to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Data shall not or no longer apply to Personal Data, which:
- is publicly known by the public at the time of the disclodure, or which becomes publicly known by the public thereafter in ways other than through Edukita’s action or omissions;
- is already known to Edukita prior to the disclosure of Personal Data;
- has been properly obtained by Edukita from a third party without any obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Data;
- has been or is being developed independently by Edukita of any Personal Data that has been disclosed by You;
- its disclosures has been authorized by You; and
- must be disclosed based on the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations, court decisions, or any other competent government institutions, in any country with jurisdiction.
You agree that Edukita will not be responsible for any breach of security related to messages, information or documents sent by You over the internet.
In the event of a failure to protect Personal Data on the Platform, Edukita will immediately inform You in writing, which may be delivered to You through electronic services or other media or directly with registered post.
HOW TO CONTACT EDUKITA
© 2021 All Rights Reserved, PT Edukita Budaya Cinta Belajar